Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Came across an interesting passage in today's reading of One Month to Live.

"God never intended for us to be well rounded. He has gifted each of us uniquely, and no one has all the talent, no matter how it might appear. We're to focus on what we're good at and let go of what we're not good at. I am not a good singer - just ask anyone who knows me! I could spend all my time taking voice lessons and auditioning for American Idol, but I would only go from bad to lousy. Instead I've focused on the key areas in which God has gifted me, and I've tried to develop them. I'm always working at being a better writer and communicator. It's an insult to God when we focus on the gifts and passions we don't have and try to develop only our weak areas. Our greatest potential lies in the areas of our greatest strengths."

Wow. What do you think?

Grace and Peace,

1 comment:

  1. You are so right...you can't sing. Oh and your right about concentrating on the gifts God give us. It's important to realize our strengths and weaknesses. So does this mean I can't try out for American Idol?

    ReplyDelete